It is important that you confirm that you have read and agree to our terms and conditions prior to commencement of any work. This can be done by ticking the box on the “Contact” page when initially contacting us or by emailing confirmation directly to our email address.
• Full details of what exactly it is you require us to research;
• what information and documentation you already hold;
• details of research already undertaken, especially where no information was found;
The onus is on you to provide us with accurate information when asking us to carry out research for you. Any inaccuracies could result in wasted time and effort, for which we will still need to charge you and for which we cannot be held responsible.
After the initial consultation, we will consider the work you have requested and estimate the amount of time needed and chance of success before responding to you in writing with approximate costs, including an estimated time frame and any likely expenses. At the same time, we will provide you with a provisional start date. The provisional start date is dependent on us being in receipt of cleared funds in respect of the deposit. Our quotations are valid for three months from the date of issue.
Once the case has been commissioned then any further communication with you, whether by telephone, email or face-to-face will become part of the research time.
Please be aware that sometimes, for various reasons, very little or even no information can be found. We will still need to charge for time spent researching, even when nothing has been found.
On completion of our research, and on full payment of any outstanding balance, we shall provide you with a full report of the research carried out together with the results, copies of any documentation purchased or downloaded and, where applicable, a PDF family tree. If you require everything to be posted please advise at the outset so the additional postal costs can be factored in.
Copyright. The copyright of all reports remain with Bakerlaw Genealogy. All reports and attachments are for you or your family’s sole use and must not be reproduced in any way without prior permission in writing.
We require a 50% deposit in cleared funds before commencement of work. Should there be a delay in receipt of the deposit, the provision start date may be affected.
Upon completion of the requested research we shall invoice you for the balance due. Once we have received the outstanding balance in cleared funds, we shall email and/or post to you your report and any documents. We reserve the right to withhold documents until full payment, including any postage, has been paid.
Payment is accepted in sterling only.
1. Bank Transfer: Bank: HSBC, Sort Code: 40-03-33, Account No: 92175223, Account Name: Bakerlaw Genealogy.
2. International Bank Transfer: IBAN: GB58MIDL40033392175223, SWIFT BIC: MIDLGB2141B, Bank Address: HSBC, Lion House, 25 Islington High Street, Islington, London N1 9LJ
3. UK Sterling cheque or banker’s draft: made out to Bakerlaw Genealogy and sent to: 23 Haverstock Street, City Road, Islington, London, N1 8DL, England.
4. Paypal – a payment link will be provided on request. Please note there will be a 6% surcharge to cover fees charged by Paypal.
Please note you will be responsible for any transfer fees incurred.
© Copyright Debra Baker 2017, All Rights Reserved